Fish Biryani is a popular and traditional Indian dish which is very delicious and nutritious too. Biryani is an all time favorite and a heavenly dish, which can be cooked in many variations. The blending of rice with our favorite masala makes this dish very special. Chicken biryani, Mutton biriyani, Prawns / shrimp biryani, Egg biriyani, Fish biriyani are some variations in biriyani. No party or celebrations are imagined without this delicious and rich biriyani.
Fish biriyani is an excellent dish with fish and an amazing rich nutritious dish for all seafood lovers. Fish is marinated, shallow fried, and mixed with the masala gravy, then blended with the cooked rice which gives an aromatic flavor and it tastes simply superb. So foodies, lets see how to make delicious, yummy, tasty, perfect fish biriyani . Here is the recipe....Do try and kindly drop your valuable feedback..You might also like..Mutton dum biriyani
Chicken dum biriyani
Prawns / shrimps / chemmeen biriyani
Hyderabadi chicken biriyani
for fish marination
Fish - King fish, 6 pieces
Chili powder - 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 3 tbsp
Vinegar / lemon juice - 1 tbsp
for the biriyani masala
Onion - 4 nos, sliced
Tomato - 2 nos, sliced
Green chili - 5 nos
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Curd - 4 tbsp
for the rice
Biriyani rice( short grain rice is more preferred) - 3 cups
Cinnamon - 4 nos
Cardamom - 5 nos
Cloves - 4 nos
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
for garnishing and layering
Cashews and raisins
Garam masala powder
- Clean and marinate the fish with the above all ingredients and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry both sides of the marinated fish. Do not over fry the fish, as it will brake while mixing with the masala .
- When done keep it aside.
- Mean while you can cook the rice . So heat a vessel and add ghee. Add the cleaned, drained rice along with he raw spices to it and fry the rice in a low flame for 5 minutes. When done, add 6 cups of boiled water(double the amount of rice). Add some curry leaves and required salt.When it starts boiling , add lemon juice and close the lid. When the water is completely dried, keep the lid open and do not stir the rice when hot or immediately. Let it cool.
- Now we need to prepare the masala for biriyani . Heat a pan and add oil( can use the same oil we fried the fish). Add sliced onion ,green chili, ginger garlic paste and saute well till the onion turns translucent. Then add chopped tomatoes and pepper powder. Cook well, until a thick gravy consistency. Add the curd, garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Now add the shallow fried fish and cook for a while in a low flame. Mix very gently.
- Next is to blend the rice and masala. So take a greased vessel, spread some cooked rice, then spread chopped coriander leaves and drops of ghee, a pinch garam masala powder, fried onions and then the fish with masala. Again layer the rice and repeat the same process.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and spread some melted ghee evenly.
- Close the lid tightly .
- Allow it to cook in very low flame for 10 mins.
- While serving garnish with fried cashews ,raisins and fried onion.
- Serve with raita or mango chutney and salad.
- Delicious fish biriyani ready.