"Masala Dosa" a famous South Indian cuisine , which is one of my all time favorite. Though the process of preparation of Masala dosa is too long, its too worth also. I always prefer experiments in this lovely dish. Here is an incredibly delicious and simple masala dosa recipe , stuffed with mushroom and yet another vegetables too.
Mushroom (cut into small pieces) -500 gm
Onion - 1 , sliced
Carrot - 1, cubed
French beans - 6 nos, cut 1 inch lengthwise
Potato (optional) - 1, cubed (i did't used)
Tomato -2 nos
Turmeric powder -1 tsp
Kashmir chilly powder -1 tsp
- Marinate mushroom pieces with turmeric powder and salt. Then cook till half done.
- Keep the mushroom and its water aside in a separate bowl.
- In a non stick pan heat some oil and add sliced tomatoes.
- Cook till the oil separates.
- Then add turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook till all the ingredients get well mixed.You can add 2 tbsp of the mushroom stock ( the water kept aside) if needed.
- When the gravy becomes thick add french beans and carrot .
- Mix well .
- Again cook for few minutes and now add the half done mushroom .
- Cook till the mushroom get mixed well with the gravy.
- Finally heat oil in a pan and saute the sliced onion till golden .
- Mix it with the cooked mushroom gravy.
Urad dal -1 cup
Parboiled rice and regular rice - 2 cups(1 cup each)
Rice flakes (optional) -2 tbsp (makes dosa crispy but soft)
Cooked rice (makes dosa soft) -4 tbsp
Butter / Ghee
- Soak the dal and rice for 4 hours in separate bowls.
- Then grind them together well along with rice flakes (soak in water for 15 minutes) and cooked rice.
- Pour to a big bowl and mix well .
- Put salt and keep overnight( at least 8 hours, preferably 10 hours).
- Heat the pan on high flame. When hot reduce the flame to medium low .
- Spread some butter / ghee and pour a ladle full of batter .
- Spread the batter in circular motion with the back of the ladle itself and make thin big dosas .
- Cook till the dosa turns golden brown and then put the mushroom masala as the filling.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.