Pana cotta is an Italian dessert of thick sweetened cream with china grass (agar- agar) and then molded . Mainly it is served along with sauce of chocolate or strawberry or any other. The combination of rich creamy Pana cotta with the tangy and sweet strawberry sauce is a perfect match. Sure, it will be a wonderful dessert, that you can make with a very little effort. Here is the easy and simple recipe for Vanilla Pana cotta or simply Pana cotta...Enjoyy!!!!!!!!
INGREDIENTS ( servings - 4 small cups)
for pana cotta
Milk - 1 cup
Heavy Whipping cream - 1 cup
Agar - agar - 4 gms
Sugar - 6 tbsp ( can add more or less)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Sweetened condensed milk- 3 tbsp (optional)
for strawberry sauce
Strawberry - 15 nos
Sugar - 6 tbsp ( adjust per taste)
Water - 3 tbsp
- Add milk , whipping cream, condensed milk and sugar in a vessel and combine well.
- Now turn on the flame to medium and heat it until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is just about to start boiling. Heat for another few minutes in a very low flame, mixing constantly and turn off the flame. Do not ever boil it or heat it for long time , but should be heated and mixed up well.
- Now strain it to a bowl , add vanilla essence and set aside.
- Mean while prepare china grass by Soaking it in cold water for few minutes and then cook over a slow flame until it dissolves to a clear liquid .
- Pour it using strainer to the prepared mixture and combine very well.
- Now keep the glass in a slightly angled position, as in the picture.
- Pour half the cup with the panacotta mixture.
- Refrigerate until the pano cotta sets. Keep at least for 2 hours , preferably overnight.
- Next to make strawberry sauce. For that chop the berries and add it to a vessel along with sugar and water. Bring to boil. When done turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Blend it to a smooth paste using mixie and strain it to a bowl.
- Refrigerate until chill. Do not use immediately.
- Before serving , pour the chilled strawberry sauce into the empty space and serve upright.