Roast chicken is a very popular dish, that appears in a wide variety of cuisines world wide. In India itself it is called by different names such as TANDOORI CHICKEN, CHICKEN TIKKA, etc..Like wise US, UAE, AUSTRALIA and many other countries have their own popular dish consisting of roasted chicken.
Today i am sharing you the recipe showing how to make simple, easy, tasty roasted chicken without any oven or any tandoor. This is my husband's favorite traditional chicken dish, and i too loved to cook this as its a time saving dish..It can be prepared within minutes...
"Roasted garam masala chicken " ..a time saving delicious dish were marinated chicken is cooked in roasted onion and garam masala gravy which gives a tempting texture and a drooling aroma. Here is my traditional roasted chicken recipe ...
Chicken ( big pieces) - 5 nos, i used leg with thighs
Onion - 2 nos, small, sliced
Garlic and curd paste - 3 tbsp
Cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick,
star anise, bay leaves - 2 piece each
Fennel seed and cumin seed - half a tsp each
Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 4 tbsp
Chili powder - 3 tbsp ( can add more)
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and salt. Let it stay for 10 minutes. Mean while prepare the gravy.
- For that heat 4 tbsp of oil in a wok. Splutter fennel seed and cumin seed.
- When done add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, star anise, bay leaves and saute till a fine aroma comes.
- Then add sliced onion and saute till golden. The onion must be sauteed well in a medium flame till golden and then add garlic curd paste. Again saute well in a medium flame.
- Now add the marinated chicken and mix well.
- Let it cook well with lid closed in a medium flame.
- After few minutes, cook with lid open till the whole gravy sticks to the chicken. Flip the chicken occasionally. check for salt and finally add coriander leaves.
- Our delicious roasted garam masala chicken is ready..