Here am going to share the traditional recipe of malabar lamb brain fry. This is my grandma's special recipe made with spices and red shallots (small onions). Goat brain/ lamb brain is available in almost all meat stores in Kerala. It is more tastier when served with dosa. Do try this tasty classic recipe and feel its goodness.
Beef brain - 2 lamb brains, cleaned and cut gently into small pieces
Pepper powder - 2 tsp
Red shallots - 10 nos + 3 nos for seasoning
Garlic - 1 pod
Cumin seed - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp(half tsp)
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Oil (preferably coconut oil)
- Make a ground paste of small onion, garlic, cumin seed, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder.
- Marinate the beef brain using this paste. Add salt.
- Take a nonstick vessel and put the marinated beef brain along with half cup of water.
- Cook until it thickens. Do not stir continuously.
- When the water and the brain comes to the required consistency switch off the flame.
- Now take another pan and heat coconut oil (preferably) and fry some sliced small onion and add the cooked brain to this . Fry well in a low flame.
- Serve hot with dosa, chappathi, etc.,