Stir fry beef with incredible flavors of spices in each piece makes this dish outstanding. Here am sharing the recipe for stir fry beef / beef ularthiyath - my mom in law's hot and spicy mouth watering recipe. Trust me, it tastes great and really superb. Kerala, the god's own country is very famous for toddy shop beef fry, Tattu kada ( Street side fast food stall )special beef ularth and paratha, Kerala restaurant beef stir fry and so on.
There are thousands of regional variations in this spice rich Kerala beef stir fry with several names like beef pepper fry, beef chilly, beef dry fry, beef olarthiyath, naadan beef fry, erachi olarthiyath and so on..
Today am sharing with you a soft, spicy and tempting dish with beef. Lets see how each piece of beef is fully coated with the freshly ground spices gravy which gives an aromatic flavor and finger licking taste that will surely leave you craving for more. Beef is pressure cooked with all the spices and then fried along with sauteed onion and tomato until the beef is fully coated with this gravy. Here is the recipe showing how to stir fry beef / stir fried beef / beef kerala cooking / kerala cuisine beef recipe.
Beef - 1 kg, cut into small cubes
Coriander powder - 2 tbsp (marination) + 2 tbsp (sauteing)
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp (marination) + 1 tsp (sauteing)
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp (marination)
Chili powder - 2 tbsp (marination) + 1 tsp(sauteing)
Pepper powder - 1 tbsp (marination) + 1 tbsp (sauteing)
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Fennel seed powder - 1 tsp
Onion - 2 nos, big, finely sliced
Tomato - 1, big, finely chopped
- Marinate the cleaned and cubed beef with 2 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp pepper powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp fennel seed powder and salt.
- Pressure cook it for 2 whistle without adding water, as the beef itself will release water when heated.
- Meanwhile heat a nonstick pan and add oil.
- Saute the onion till golden and then add 2 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder and 1 tbsp pepper powder. Mix well.
- Now add tomato and cook well.
- When done add the half done beef along with its stock water to this gravy and cook for 30 minutes in a medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- Check for salt and add curry leaves.
- Stir fry it until the beef is well coated with the masala.
- When done, drizzle some coconut oil and stir for other 2 minutes. This gives a glaze to the fried beef with a fine aroma.
- Serve as a side dish with porotta, chappathi, rice, gheerice etc..