Today iam going to share with you the best stove top carrot cake recipe with cream icing that is easy, tender and moist . Most of the people will not be much familiar with oven baking / stove top baking recipes, But they love cakes and of course they love to make cakes without oven. Here is the answer for those who love to make cake without oven......
Its very simple to find a recipe for carrot cake. But its very hard to find the best healthy carrot cake recipe that too on stove top. And for you guys 'for those who searching for easy cake frosting recipe' here it is...Simple whipped cream icing topped with powdered oreo biscuits. Hooo.....how simple frosting recipe it is!!!
Mmmm...i forgot to tell you...This is the first cake which i made without an oven...So don't ever buy store bought cakes (as the birthday gifts),,instead make this delicious cake stove top and enjoy with your loved ones. Do try and enjoy with your loved ones!!!!
for the cake
All purpose flour /maida - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Egg - 3 nos
Powdered sugar / granulated sugar - half a cup ( small cup)
Oil - half a cup ( small cup)
Carrot - 1 cup , grated
Vanilla essence - half tsp
Unsalted butter - 1 tsp ( for greasing the tray)
for whipping cream icing
Icing sugar / powdered sugar - 5 tbsp ( can add more or less)
Heavy whipping cream - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - half tsp
Oreo biscuits , powdered
Any round ball chocolate
- First we can start by preparing the whipping cream frosting. This is because,the whipping cream must be stiff while icing the cake. Else results in a watery icing.
- So lets prepare the icing . For that keep the mixing bowl, wire whiskers and hand whiskers in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Keep some ice cubes in the freezer for keeping it under the bowl which is used for whisking the cream .
- If everything set, then pour 1 cup of whipping cream, vanilla essence and icing sugar ( if it is normal sugar, powder it in the smallest jar of the mixie) in the glass bowl . Set some small ice cubes under the glass bowl. Whisk it well until soft peaks formed.
- If you are using hand whisker , then it will take more than 5 minutes to get fluffy cream.
- You can also put whipping cream and sugar in a blender / juicer until soft peaks come out ( this can be done by whisking for 2 minutes using whisker then refrigerate and then put in a blender ).
- Store the whipped cream inside the fridge until we prepare the cake.
- Now we can start preparing the cake mixture.
- Beat the eggs and powdered sugar in a blender or using a whisker . ( i used blender). When done pour it to a big bowl.
- Now add oil to this mixture and whisk well till soft.
- Sift together all purpose flour and baking powder well.Add this sifted powders little by little to the egg mixture and keep on beating until the whole flour is mixed up with the egg mixture.
- Now grind the grated carrot to a fine paste without adding water. Pour this puree to the prepared mixture along with vanilla essence . Whisk very well .
- Grease the baking tray with butter and pour this mixture to it.The mixture should only cover the half of the baking tray as when it starts to cook , the mixture will rise.
- Heat a non stick vessel with lid. When hot , make the flame very low and keep the tray inside it and close the lid. Cook for 40 minutes in a low flame.
- Insert a toothpick after 30 minutes (for checking only) and once the toothpick comes out clearly remove from flame.
- Allow it to cool and then divide it into two thin cake layers. Set aside separately.
- Now start the icing.
- Spread some whipped cream over one layer and cover it with the other layer.
- Spread the whipped cream thickly over the whole cake. The cake must look white in color. If you think its watery , then refrigerate for few minutes. Or if its stiff then go on.
- Powder the oreo biscuits in the smallest jar of the mixie ( i used 8 pairs of biscuits ) . Spread it all over the cake. Decorate with diary milk shot or any other tiny round chocolates and strawberry.
- Keep refrigerated for 2 hours for a perfect look...
- So our carrot cake on stove top is ready...
- Still any doubts , feel free to comment..THANK YOU.