Mousse in French means "foam", that means this desert should have an airy texture. Basically it depends on the ratio of whipped cream or whipped egg whites to other ingredients. There are plenty of variation in the preparation of mousse. Some use whipped cream or butter, while some use whole egg , or some use egg whites and some don't use egg at all. Here am sharing an easy chocolate mousse recipe.
The first written record of chocolate mousse comes from a food exposition held in US. But the recipe yielded a chocolate pudding type desert instead of today's stiff and fluffy mousse. I searched google for an easy recipe for chocolate mousse and here it is. An yummy lovely chocolate dessert with intense chocolate flavor.
I always prefer to have something crunchy or something along with the mousse. That makes me to spread some biscuits crushed as the base , which really turns out yummy. So enjoy this yummy basic Egg less easy chocolate mousse recipe which gives an intense chocolate flavor and perfect texture..!!!!
You might also like Strawberry mousse recipe
INGREDIENTS ( servings - 3 small cups)
Digestive biscuits - 8 nos , crush well or powder it
Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp
Heavy whipping cream - half a cup
Chocolate - 100 gm , chopped
Sugar (powdered ) - 2 tbsp ( can add more or less)
Water - 1 tbsp
- Melt the unsalted butter and mix it well with the crushed or powdered biscuits.
- Spread it as the base of mousse in the serving cups. Press gently with the back of a spoon and chill until the chocolate layer is done.
- In a pan boil water and sugar on a medium flame. Once sugar melted, pour it over the chopped chocolate in a separate bowl.
- After few seconds mix it till the chocolate has melted and becomes smooth.
- When done set aside to cool.
- In a bowl beat the heavy cream till fluffy or until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture , combine well and then fold the remaining whipped cream until well combined and smooth.
- Pour it over the biscuit base of each cups equally.
- Chill the mousse to set, at least for 2 hours.
- The image above shown is taken before chilling. Once set decorate with choco balls , nuts or upto your choice.