Mousse in French means "foam", that means this dessert should have an airy texture. Basically it depends on the ratio of whipped cream or whipped egg whites to other ingredients. One of the simplest strawberry dessert ever. There are plenty of variation in the preparation of mousse / mousse recipe. Some use whipped cream or butter, while some use whole egg , or some use egg whites and some don't use egg at all.
Here is the recipe for an easiest and yummy dessert with strawberry / strawberry dessert recipes . You can also make chocolate mouse the same way. Let see the recipe of Easy strawberry mousse without egg.
You might also like Chocolate mousse recipe
INGREDIENTS ( servings - 4 small cups)
Digestive biscuits - 8 nos , crush well or powder it
Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp
Heavy whipping cream - half a cup
Strawberry - 15 nos , chopped
Sugar (powdered ) - 5 tbsp ( can add more or less)
Water - 3 tbsp
- Melt the unsalted butter and mix it well with the crushed or powdered biscuits.
- Spread it as the base of mousse in the serving cups. Press gently with the back of a spoon and chill until the strawberry layer is done.
- In a pan boil chopped strawberry, water and sugar on a medium flame. Stir continuously and once done, grind to a fine thick paste.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl beat the heavy cream till fluffy or until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold half of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture , combine well and then fold the remaining whipped cream until well combined and smooth.
- Pour it over the biscuit base of each cups equally.
- Chill the mousse to set, at least for 2 hours.
- The image above shown is taken before chilling. Once set decorate with chopped berries , nuts or upto your choice.