Biscuits are my kids all time favorite tea snack. I used to do experiments with biscuits as there are numerous lovely yummy desserts using biscuits. Today i am sharing for you, kids favorite chocolate rolls - a sweet lovely rolls using powdered biscuits and coconut. A very easy, quick and delicious chocolate roll, with very few ingredients. Do try and enjoy with your kids.!!!
Digestive biscuits - 5 nos, powdered
Bourbon biscuits - 2 nos, powdered
Oreo biscuits - 3 nos, powdered
( or u can use any one type of this biscuits with 3 tbsp cocoa powder and if you are using Oreo biscuits alone, then no need of cocoa powder)
Milk - 4 tbsp ( for making dough only)
Sugar - 3 tbsp ( can use more or less )
Desiccated coconut / grated coconut - half a cup
Melted butter - 2 tbsp
- Grind the biscuits together into fine powders and mix them well.
- To this, add milk drop by drop to make a smooth dough. Do not pour the whole milk at a time. Only few tbsp is needed for the dough.
- Make a smooth dough and set aside.
- Now heat the grated coconut or desiccated coconut in a pan on a low flame.
- To this add sugar ( can add more or less ) , melted butter and saute well. You will get a sticky texture and be careful that, do not ever change the color of coconut.
- Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Now keep the biscuit dough on a silver foil and roll it gently with a rolling pin or can do with your hands.
- Spread the coconut mixture and roll the biscuit sheet slowly.
- Shape it like a long bar and cover it tightly with the foil.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Once set, cut into desired shapes.