Hi foodies. Here i came with an outstanding fish recipes for mackerel. A south Indian Restaurant style whole mackerel fish spicy gravy. If you are a fish lover, you must try this recipe. A very easy whole fish recipe with only handy ingredients and i guarantee it will not go wrong even in your first trial. Poratta /paratha with spicy fish curry, all time favorite for most of the people in Kerala, India . Paratha with spicy fish gravy from streetfood / food streets in Kerala is a nostalgic taste when we are away from home. Here, this special curry is a very fine combo with specially Indian parotta / paratha / chapati, i prefer. So try this once and am sure you will crave this more. Hope you all love my special recipe with fish / easy fish recipes. Try this simple fresh mackerel recipes and do let me know how it turns out for you...Enjoy!!
INGREDIENTSFish - any whole fish, mackerel (2, big sized)
Onion -4 nos, medium sized, chopped very finely
Tomato -2 big nos, chopped finely and crushed ( tamarind is not used for this recipe. so add tomato accordingly)
Ginger garlic paste -2 tsp
Green chilly -1
Turmeric powder -1 tsp
Coriander powder -2 tsp
Kashmir chilly powder- 3 tsp (i need less spicy only, but it gives red color to the curry . for more spicy you can add 1 tsp more)
Fenugreek (uluva) -1 tsp, powdered
- Clean the mackerel well and make 4 slits gently on both sides (if it is a big sized mackerel).
- Marinate it with a pinch turmeric powder and salt. Shallow fry both sides for 3 minutes only on a medium flame.(do not use more oil for shallow frying and do not marinate the fish with more spice. Fry only 3 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick vessel or any deep bottomed vessel.
- Add finely chopped onion to it and saute until it turns brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, green chili. Saute for few seconds .
- Now add the chopped and crushed tomatoes (crush it with hand very well in a bowl) and add this with onion and mix well .Close the lid . Let it cook until the oil separates..
- And now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, kashmir chilly powder, and salt to this mixture. Mix well . Let it cook for few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of hot water and cook until a thick gravy (for 5 minutes).
- When it boils the oil floats on the top,add fenugreek powder to it and mix very well and then put the half fried fish and again cook for another 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Rotate the vessel occasionally instead of stirring the gravy.
- In another pan heat 2 tsp of oil. Add sliced small onion and curry leaves and fry till golden. When done pour this on the top of fish curry.
- Serve hot with Indian porotta, poori chappathi, dosa and so on..