How about a healthy quick recipe with dates and nuts????..Here it is. A healthy sugar free sweet with dates, nuts and desiccated coconut. Its a very quick and finger licking sweet prepared just in minutes. It is a very helpful and no fail sweet recipe for beginners. Sure, you all will noticed this sweet in bakery by various other names like Khajur pak, khajur katri, dates roll, dates burfi, khajur roll with poppy seed and so on.
On the other hand, the NUTRITIOUS BENEFITS....Date have the impressive list of nutrients, vitamins and minerals which benefits health and over all well being. the dates are one of the very best sweet and versatile foods. And you know one thing..it can boost energy levels in people within half an hour of consuming it. It is also said that eating one date per day is very good for eye health all your life. Dates are good source of vitamins and minerals . It is also the good source of energy, sugar and fiber.
Home made Dates roll is as good as store bought sweet. It is super easy and tastes heavenly with crunchiness of nuts in each bites. It is the best sweet that can be tried for parties or functions which will surely attracts the guests and will get loads of appreciation. As its sugar free, those on diet can also much them without any worries. Do try this and enjoy with this healthy nutty sweet. Here is the recipe for how to make quick sweet with dates / how to dates roll / how to make khajoor burfi.
Dates / khajoor - 2 cups
Butter - 2 tsp , melted
Mixed nuts( cashews, almond, pistachios, walnuts) - half a cup, chopped
Desiccated coconut - 3 tbsp, for garnishing
- Remove the seed from dates and grind the dates without adding a drop of water. Make a paste. It will be sticky. Don't get panic.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the mixed nuts for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Now add butter to the same pan and add the ground dates , stirring continuously. Cook for 3 minutes in a medium flame. Now the dates will be non sticky and then add the chopped roasted nuts. Combine very well and remove from flame.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes in a plate at room temperature.
- When done, grease your hand with butter and roll the dates and nuts mixture with your hands and shape it to cylindrical roll or any shape. (You can also make small laddoo with this mixture and chill.)
- Now take the desiccated coconut in a plate and roll the prepared dates roll in it. Wrap it in a cling firm / foil and then chill it for 1 or 2 hours. ( you can also roll in with poppy seed or powdered almonds or powdered pistachios). Do not keep it for more than two hours as it will be very hard to slice.
- When done, take out and remove the cling firm and then slice it with sharp knife and serve.