Banana sandwich cake / Bread banana sandwich / Bread banana cake / Bread banana pola
A very healthy break fast / dessert recipe with banana, whole wheat bread and egg sounds very interesting...right?? A toasty sweet treat with a nice cup of tea - one of my quick tea time snacks recipes. This is the perfect way i suggest to use up ripe banana more tastier. More over, a healthy snack for kids lunch box. Secret behind every creative dish of Mom will be their kids choosy picky eating habits. This attitude made every mom to try on new varieties which includes all those nutrients . Moreover it is very easy and tricky to experiment with bread. For those picky eating kids, feed this healthy sandwich sweet treat. Sure, they will enjoy it and crave for more. Here is the recipe for a quick tea time snack with banana and bread. Do try this bread recipes / recipes with bread / bread snacks / kids snacks / party snacks / sweet sandwich /quick snack recipes with bread . Enjoy.
Bread slices - 8 pieces( or according to the size of the cake. i used 1 pack of whole wheat bread)
Milk -3 tbsp
Egg -2 nos
Banana(plantain) -2 nos, cut into small pieces
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Salt - a pinch
Ghee / butter
Cashews, badam, for decoration
- Heat a pan and add little ghee / butter.
- Fry the finely chopped banana till golden color. Then add sugar and a pinch cardamom powder. Saute for few minutes in a low flame.
- Keep it aside.
- Remove the sides of bread .
- Beat egg, 3 tbsp of sugar, and milk very well . Add a pinch salt too.
- Heat the pan again and spread little ghee. Keep the flame very low or once hot off the flame.
- Dip each bread slice in the egg batter and line in the fry pan .
- Keep the bread pieces closely to each other and make a round shape. Fill all gaps with bread pieces to make a round shape. Press gently with a spatula .
- Now switch on the flame to very low and then spread the banana mixture evenly.
- After that close / cover this mixture with the bread slices again by dipping in egg batter . Pour the excess egg batter all over the bread.
- Decorate with cashews and almonds.
- Cook in a low flame .
- Flip after 5 minutes ( this can be done by flip the prepared cake to another greased hot pan ) and cook the other side.
- When done, cool it for few minutes and then cut into desired shapes .