I love some special Indian food combo to the core. Those food with natural vibrant color and luscious texture will always hunt me to be savored. As a blogger, it is very rare to cook the same recipe often. But some special dishes will be demanded by my kids several times for weekend dinner meals and lunch meals. And this recipe is the one which falls in that group. A traditional Indian recipe with panner and coconut milk. For those who love simple and tasty paneer recipes, here it is. It is a less time consuming recipe when compared to paneer tikka masala , paneer makhani and other paneer recipes. So try out this paneer recipe and serve it along with Indian bread or rice. Its yummy.
Paneer / cottage cheese - 500 g
Tomato - 2 nos, sliced
Green chilly - 2 nos, slit
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Kashmir chilly powder - 2 tsp
Coconut milk - half a cup or can add more, thick
- Slice the paneer/ cottage cheese into small pieces or cubes. If you are using market bought paneer , then soak it in hot salted water for 1 minute.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the sliced tomatoes.
- Cook till the oil separates.
- When done add green chilies, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- After few minutes add thick coconut milk and mix well.
- Cook for a while and then add the paneer pieces to it and again mix well.
- Now cook for 5 minutes ( do not over cook paneer).
- Finally add curry leaves and pour 1 tbsp coconut oil on the top and now close the lid .
- Serve hot