A delicious easy sweet recipe which is prepared with 7 cups of ingredients that are of equal quantities. This barfi recipe/ burfi recipe is a quick festive sweet which never let you down even if you are trying this for the first time. Traditionally this seven cup burfi is made with 3 cups of sugar. But for me, that is too sweet and so i have reduced it to half. Though this is my first attempt in this special festive sweet, it came out perfect and is hassle free when compared to other festive sweets like jalebi, badusha and like so. This is a perfect yummy sweet for birthday parties, gifting friends and relative or during for special occasions. A yummy treat with just 7 cups. As Christmas is around the corner, do try this christmas sweet recipes for kids and your loved ones. Here is the recipe showing how to make 7 cup cake / christmas sweets recipes / Christmas treats / seven cup burfi / burfi recipes/ Indian sweets / easy sweet recipes.
Milk fudge / milk peda
Perfect Gulab Jamun
Two layered burfi
(you can use any cup for the measurement. But you must use the same cup for measuring all the ingredients)
Besan /Bengal gram flour /kadalai mavu - 1 cup
Grated coconut - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Melted ghee - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 cups (i added only 1.5 cups, if u want it very sweet you can add 3 cups )
- Grease a tray with ghee and set aside first.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the gram flour over medium low flame for only 2 minutes, stirring continuously. This is to get rid off the raw smell of gram flour. When done, transfer it to a bowl. Set aside.(do not roast too much)
- Now heat a pan (nonstick pan is preferred). Add the ghee and once it is melted well, add the gram flour little by little. Stir continuously over a low flame. Do not take off your hands from stirring.
- To this add grated coconut little by little,stirring continuously. Stir well for 2 minutes.
- Then add sugar and mix well. Do not make the flame very high. Stir well.
- After 2 minutes, add the milk stirring continuously. You can see the mixture starts to bubble. Cook until the mixture thickens and leaves from the sides of the pan. The flame must be medium low only. It will take around 8-10 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Once it starts to leave from the sides of the pan, switch off the flame and pour this mixture to the greased tray immediately. (do not remove from the flame without reaching this consistency).
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, cut them into desired shapes with a greased knife, but do not take out the pieces. Let it cool well or refrigerate for 10 minutes for a perfect slice.