Hi foodies...here is your favorite black forest cake recipe. This super moist chocolaty cake is baked without an oven. Yes, oven is not at all needed to make the best cake of your life. This is the recipe which is requested by many viewers of my page. I already made a carrot cake without an oven which was my first attempt on stove top baking. One thing i should say that, stove top baked cake is more moist and looks good when compared to oven baked cakes. Speaking about my black forest cake....its chocolaty, creamy, super moist, cherry(ish) with some bites of chocolate shavings. Here frosting is made with whipping powder . You can also use heavy whipping cream which gives more stiffness. You can check my vanilla chocolate cake frosting recipe for whipping with heavy cream. For the best taste, you must chill your cake before serving. In my opinion when chilled, the taste enhances with an intense flavor of cherry and over all it tastes delicious when chilled overnight. So if u love cakes..try it at home. No matter whether you have an oven or not. Sure, you wont't go for bakeries for cakes once you try this recipe.
Black forest cake is very popular among people. Now a days, black forest and white forest cakes are the attraction of any parties or functions especially for birthday or wedding. People think its very difficult to make at home. No...it is not.. Here is the very easy, simple cake recipe which can be made in an oven, or on a stove top without an oven. Now lets see how to bake black forest cake without an oven.
You might also like Chocoflan cake / caramel cream cake
FOR THE CAKE
All purpose flour /maida - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - half a cup (it depends on the cocoa powder used. If using dark cocoa powder, then 4 or 5 tbsp is quite enough)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - half a tsp
Egg - 3 nos
Powdered sugar / granulated sugar - half a cup ( small cup), you can add more, i love less sweet cake
Oil - half a cup ( small cup)
Vanilla essence - half tsp
Unsalted butter - 1 tsp ( for greasing the tray)
Fresh cherry chopped for add in between layers
Icing sugar - 5 tbsp ( add only if u need more sweet)
Whipping powder - 3 sachet
Cold milk - half a cup for 1 sachet (so total one and a half cup of milk)
Vanilla or chocolate vermicelli
Chocolate shavings ( i used home made chocolate shavings. Using a vegetable peeler u can shave the chilled diary milk or any dark chocolate and make your own garnishing )
- It is always best to prepare the cream for frosting ahead of time and refrigerate it until u prepare cake. So that the frosting will stay for long. But i just made it only after my cake is done. So don't worry.
- So lets start with making whipping cream. For that, keep the mixing bowl, wire whiskers and hand whiskers in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Keep some ice cubes in the freezer for placing it under the bowl which is used for making the icing .
- If everything set, take the chilled bowl. Set some small ice cubes in a tray under the glass bowl . Add 3 sachet of whipping powder, one and a half cup of cold milk. Whisk with an electric whiskers until soft peaks formed(3 minutes). Do not beat more as it will turn to butter. If u need more sweetness, u can add some icing sugar also.
- If you are using hand whisker , then it will take more than 5 minutes to get fluffy cream.
- You can also put them in a blender / juicer until soft peaks come out ( this can be done by whisking for 2 minutes using hand whisker then refrigerate and then put in a blender ).
- Store the whipped cream inside the fridge until we prepare the cake.
- Now we can start preparing the cake mixture.
- Grease the baking tray with butter, dust with flour and remove the excess flour.
- Beat the eggs and powdered sugar in a blender or using an electric whisker . ( i used blender). When done pour it to a big bowl.
- Now add oil to this mixture and whisk well till soft.
- Sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder well. Add this sifted powders little by little to the egg mixture and keep on mixing until the whole flour is mixed up with the egg mixture. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour this mixture to the greased tray. The mixture should only cover the half of the baking pan as when it starts to cook , the mixture will rise.
- Heat a non stick vessel with lid. When hot , make the flame very low and keep the cake pan inside it and close the lid. Cook for 40 minutes in a very low flame.
- Insert a toothpick after 30 minutes (for checking only) and once the toothpick comes out clearly remove from flame.
- Allow it to cool (for an hour) and then divide it into two thin cake layers. Set aside separately.
- Level the top and sides of the cake. You can use this crumbs for garnishing the sides of the cake.
- Start the icing, once your cake is completely cooled.
- Spread some whipped cream over one layer, add some chopped cherries and cover it with the other layer.
- Spread the whipped cream thickly over the whole cake. The cake must look white in color.
- Add some whipped cream into a piping bag and make your own designs. Put some chocolate shavings in the center and sprinkle cake crumbs, vanilla vermicelli on the sides. Top with fresh cherry.
- Keep refrigerated for 2 hours for a perfect look...
- So our super moist fluffy perfect black forest cake on stove top is ready...
- Still any doubts , feel free to comment..THANK YOU.