Hi foodies....Bread is considered as the most versatile ingredient for making various snacks. So lets see how to make the tasty delicious chicken roll recipe with bread, that can be served as an evening snack. Searching for some yummy snacks to make for evening tea? Then give this a try. A shallow fried bread roll stuffed with chicken fillings is an easy snack to make at home. Bread chicken roll looks very similar to spring rolls though it is different in taste and preparation.. We know that the Ramadan is very close and this snack is a very popular Iftar dish too. You can stuff the bread slices with your favorite fillings like prawn masala, veg masala, mutton masala and so on. Here, i made it with chicken and vegetable fillings. It is a chicken stuffed bread roll with spicy masala inside and crispy outside. You can make this chicken filling in bulk ahead of time and can refrigerate for 2 days, which can be later used for making cutlets, samosa , pakoda also.. Whenever i make this bread chicken roll, i will make more breaded rolls and store some unfried rolls in freezer. So that i can enjoy this taste the next day without any mess. You can store the unfried breaded rolls for more than 1 week.
So here is the recipe showing how to make chicken bread rolls / chicken roll with bread. Do try this chicken stuffed bread recipe /quick snack recipes with bread and enjoy.
Other bread snacks recipes
Garlic bread toast
Bread medu vada
Sweet bread lasagna
Sweet finger sandwich
Bread banana sandwich
Bread chicken pola
Bread coconut pola
Bread slices (do not use milk bread) - 8 slices
Egg - 1
Bread crumbs - half a cup
All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Left over chicken / cooked chicken pieces - 5 boneless pieces
Carrot - half of one
Cabbage - quarter a cup, chopped
Green chilly - 1, chopped
Ginger garlic paste - half tsp
Onion - half of one
Turmeric powder - quarter tsp
Garam masala powder - quarter tsp
- You can use left over curried chicken for the filling. Else chop the boneless chicken pieces into small pieces and marinate it with turmeric powder, salt. Cook until done with quarter cup of water. When done, set aside. Once cooled, shred the chicken pieces or chop into fine chunks. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and when hot, add chopped onion. Saute till done and the add green chilies chopped, ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Now add carrot chopped, cabbage chopped, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook until done.
- When done, add the shredded chicken pieces along with some curry leaves and toss for few minutes in a high flame.
- Turn off the flame when it became dry. Set aside.
- Now take 2 tbsp of maida / all purpose flour and mix with few tsp of normal water like a batter consistency. This is used for closing or sealing the ends of bread rolls.
- Remove the side of the bread ( you can use it for making bread crumbs).
- Now flatten each bread slice by any of these methods... 1. You can dip each slice in milk (do not dip completely) and flatten with your palm. Or can use water instead of milk.
2. You can steam each slice and flatten with rolling pin.
3. If u have the chapati presser (as in the pic), then press each slice with that.
- Now place 1 or 2 tsp filling in the center lengthwise and apply the maida mixture along the edges. Fold it and press the edges to seal properly.
- Dip the roll in whisked egg (add a pinch salt) and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat a frying pan with less oil and once hot, toast both sides of the bread roll until golden . You can either deep fry it or can toss both sides in less oil.
- If you have more un- fried chicken rolls, u can also store them in an air tight container and keep in freezer. Will stay for weeks.