Hi friends.. Today am back with a sweet, spicy, crunchy, flavorful and super quick rice recipes. Its the Capsicum rice recipe / Pulao, the most simplest and delicious Indian rice recipe. Like Chinese food dishes , this rice meal too has its unique flavor, attractive texture, sweet and sour taste. Moreover it is kids favorite easy healthy one pot meals and it makes a perfect lunch box meal for them.
The most popular rice dishes which we often served in an Indian wedding or special occasions are Pulao / pulav and Biryani. While the recipe of biryani is considered lengthy when compared to pulav...Right?...But both tastes quite well. We all adopt different ways in making pulao, but still the result will be toothsome...
Today, am sharing the most simplest pulao recipe. It is spicy, sweet and crunchy. Capsicum rice / capsicum pulav / capsicum masala rice. This capsicum rice pulao can be made in minutes and goes good in lunch box for kids as it is colorful and kids friendly. I love capsicum rice and often prepared for lunch or dinner when i have some left over rice. As this dish is very flavorful and delicious, we does not need any side dish other than raita or pickle. An easy quick and delightful one pot meal which i often prefer to cook .
You can add more veggies like corn, carrot along with bell pepper for a healthy complete one pot meal. Here i made this capsicum rice pulav with the left over ghee rice only. But am sharing the complete recipe including the rice preparation. So lets learn how to make capsicum rice pulao recipe / rice recipes for kids /one pot vegetarian healthy meals . Do try.
Quick fried rice
Thalassery chicken biryani
Egg fried rice
Ghee rice in pressure cooker
Hyderabadi egg biryani
Alfredo chicken biryani
Kabsa biryani - Arabic rice
Basmati rice (long grain rice) - 1 cup
Capsicum / bell pepper - 1 cup, mix of all colors
Cumin seed - half tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 , small, sliced
Green chilly - 1, slit
Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise - 2 nos each
Lemon juice - few drops
Chopped coriander leaves
Ghee / butter
Raisins for garnishing
- Wash and soak rice for few minutes and then drain it.
- Boil 2 cups of water with salt and when done add the rice to it. You can add few drops of oil to the boiled water to prevent the stickiness of rice. Cook until 95 % done and drain the water.
- Spread the rice in a wide opened bowl by adding few tsp of ghee or unsalted butter. This also helps to get rid of sticky rice.
- It is best to prepare such rice dishes with left over cooked rice. I always take more amount of rice whenever i prepare ghee rice and keep the leftover cooked rice in refrigerator /fridge for my kids and hubbys tiffin meals like fried rice, jeera rice, lemon rice, mushroom rice, mushroom pulav and so on.
- Now heat a nonstick wok with some oil and when hot, sizzle cumin seed. Then toss cinnamon, cardamom, star anise,cloves well and then saute onion until transparent.
- When done, add green chilly, ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell goes off. Then add required salt.
- Now add the chopped capsicum, coriander leaves and cook for few minutes. Do not over cook the capsicum. Do not add more salt as we have salt in cooked rice.
- Then simmer the flame and add lemon juice and give a fine mix.
- Now add the rice to the sauteed mixture little by little and gently mix well. Cook for 2 minutes in a low flame. Garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
- Serve hot with raita or pickle..