Hi foodies,,,Welcome to AYESHA'S KITCHEN. Here am sharing a vegetable stew recipe. Appam with Kerala style vegetable stew is one of my all time favorites. Though vegetable stew recipe is a very popular Indian vegetarian recipe, this can be made in different ways. More over Kerala style vegetable stew is very easy to prepare and is distinct in taste. Kerala dishes are incomparable for its taste and flavor. Here is the recipe for vegetable curry or side dish recipe which pairs best with appam, chapati. Vegetable Stew can be made with a single vegetable or a combination of vegetables. So lets see how to make vegetable stew and enjoy the stew with the real flavor and goodness of coconut milk.
Mixed vegetables - 2 cups , chopped ( i used 1 potato, half of a carrot, few french beans, few cauliflower florets, mushrooms)
Onion - 1, big, sliced
Green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick - 2 nos, each
Green chili - 1
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Pepper powder - half tsp
Thin coconut milk - 1 cup
Thick coconut milk - 1 small cup
- Heat oil in a non stick vessel. When hot, add cloves cardamom and cinnamon. Saute for a while and then add green chili, ginger garlic paste, sliced onion.
- Saute and cook until onions are transparent and soft.
- Then add curry leaves along with the chopped vegetables, pepper powder and salt. Mix well and add 1 cup of thin coconut milk.
- Cook for 15 minutes in a medium flame or until the vegetables are cooked .
- Now add the thick coconut milk and simmer the flame, so that the coconut milk does not curdle. Once it starts to boil, off the flame.
- Serve hot with chappathi, puri, appam etc.