Hi foodies. Welcome to AYESHA'S KITCHEN. Here is the recipe of a lip smacking, delicious squid dish / calamari recipe and no words to say ..its really yummy with a drooling flavor. Squid roast is one of the all time sea food delicacy. It is called as kanava roast / koonthal roast in Kerala. The flavor of this awesome fried calamari recipe itself makes your tummy happy. Try this easy, traditional recipe for fried calamari / squid roast and am sure you will crave for more. Here is the recipe for roasted calamari / squid dishes / kerala cuisine / Indian fish recipes / seafood recipes.
Squid - 500 g, (cleaned and cut length wise)
Tomato - 2 (small), chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 2 tbsp
Coriander powder - 4 tbsp
Shallots / Onion - 1 cup / 1 big onion, finely chopped
Green chili - 1
- Clean the squid and cut into thin long strips and keep it aside.
- Now take a big bowl and mix in chopped tomato, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, salt and curry leaves.
- Crush well with your hand and make a thick gravy.
- Now add the squid to it and mix well.
- Cook well until the gravy becomes thick. No need of adding water. If too dry, add few tbsp of water only.
- Now heat a pan and pour 4 tbsp of oil(preferably coconut oil).
- When hot, add chopped shallots along with green chili and saute till done.
- When done, put the squid masala to it and mix well. Check for salt.
- Allow it to cook for few minutes or till oil separates.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.