KADAI PRAWNS / KARAHI PRAWN / PRAWN ROASTED WITH BABY POTATO
Hi foodies..Today we can see how to make delightful, spicy, aromatic and much more.....kadai prawns / shrimp recipe. This dish is very less time consuming and the tempting taste that makes us to prepare this dish daily. A simple delicious recipe with prawns / shrimp. A must try recipe. Enjoy!
Prawns / shrimps - 500 g, cleaned and veined
Baby potato - 3, peel the skin and halved
Tomato - 3 large, sliced
Onion - 1, large, sliced
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
Kadai masala powder - 2 tsp( RECIPE GIVEN BELOW)
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
KADAI MASALA POWDER
Dried red chili - 4 nos
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1 small piece
Cloves - 2 nos
Green cardamom - 1 nos
Pepper - 4 pepper corns
Dry roast all these spices in a medium flame till fragrant. Do not burn them. Once it is cooled, grind it to fine powder. You can make powder in bulk and store it in an air tight container. The above given is the quantity required for this dish only.
- Boil the peeled and halved baby potato in salt water for 8 minutes or more. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a kadai / wok and when hot add half of the sliced tomato and saute for 3 minutes. When done transfer it to a plate. And puree the remaining half of the sliced tomato and set aside.( You can also puree the whole tomatoes and skip the sauteing process. But sauteing adds a special taste to the gravy.)
- In the same oil saute cleaned prawns and boiled baby potatoes for 5 minutes or until it changes its color. When done transfer it to a plate. ( you can add extra oil if required).
- Now add few tsp of oil in the kadai and saute onion till translucent. Then add ginger garlic paste and tomato puree . Saute for a while or until the raw smell disappears.
- When done, add the sauteed prawns and baby potatoes and mix well with the onion mixture. Add salt if required. After two minutes add the sauteed tomato along with coriander powder, turmeric powder, kadai masala powder and salt if required.
- Stir well and cook until the prawns and potatoes are done or until the oil separates.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves. Garnish with garlic julienne or dill leaves
- Serve hot with dosa, nan, chappathi etc...