Hi...Welcome to AYESHA'S KITCHEN. Here am discussing about how to make an easy and perfect ghee rice in pressure cooker. Ghee rice is a very delicious, aromatic and filling rice recipe that makes our tummy yummy. Preparation of ghee rice in pressure cooker makes this dish very simple and heavenly incomparable tasty meal. More than that, i used most of the spices of biryani in this special rice preparation, that really makes this dish so special. Here is recipe showing how to make perfect pressure cooker ghee rice / Neychoru. One of my best and favorite rice recipes!!
INGREDIENTSRice - 2 cups (basmati rice / long grain rice
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, fennel seed - 3 pieces each+1tsp (Fennel seed)
Onion - 1, sliced
Lemon juice or vinegar - 2 tbsp
Fried sliced onion - 1 onion, thinly sliced and fried (for garnishing)
Cashews and raisins
- Firstly, clean the rice well and soak the basmati rice in water for 15 minutes. This makes the rice soft. When done, drain the rice and set aside.
- Now heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker. Fry the thinly sliced onion for garnishing until golden and set aside. Then fry the cashews and raisins till done and set aside. (actually onion will become crispy only when it is deep fried. Here i just shallow fried the onion.)
- Now lets start making ghee rice. Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, fennel seed to the same ghee. Saute for a while . (you can add more ghee / oil if required).
- Then add in the sliced onion and saute until the onion turns golden slightly. Then add ginger garlic paste. When the raw smell goes off, add the rice to it and mix well.
- Now fry the rice on a low flame for few minutes. Mean while boil 3 cups of water in a separate bowl.( as it is in cooker, we take only 1.5 cups of water for 1 cup of rice)
- When the water boils, pour it over the rice. Mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and salt too.
- Stir well and add curry leaves.
- Close the lid of the cooker and allow it to cook for two whistles ( for best result, off the flame before second whistle starts but never off the flame immediately after the first whistle).
- Then open the lid and let it cool down for 5 minutes and mix well with 3 tbsp of ghee . Never mix immediately to avoid mushy of rice and adding ghee finally,makes the ghee rice very special in flavor and texture .
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fried onion, cashews and raisins.