Hi foodies.. Welcome to AYESHA'S KITCHEN. Chicken chukka / Chicken sukka is a chicken dish which is very easy to prepare and delicious to taste. It goes well with ghee rice and i often try this yummy dish at home. I made this without adding chili powder as it is my kids favorite dish, but i included chili powder among ingredients. Chicken chukka recipe is almost same as kerala style roasted chicken and chicken varuval, but even though the ingredients are same, the tastes of each dishes are quite different. So lets see how to make tasty, spongy, delicious chicken chukka .
INGREDIENTSChicken (i used tender chicken) - 1 kg
Onion - 4, medium, sliced
Tomato - 2, small , sliced
Dried red chili - 2 (can add more)
Coriander leaves - less than half a cup, chopped
Coriander powder - 3 tbsp
Garam masala powder - half a tsp
Chili powder - 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Green chili -2 nos, slit
- Make a ground paste of dried red chili, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chilli garlic paste, coriander leaves,green chili, and salt. Marinate the chicken with the above ground paste.
- Let it marinate for 1 hour.
- Now heat a wok with 2 tbsp of oil and saute the sliced tomatoes for 3 minutes. It will become slightly mushy. Now transfer it to plate.
- In the same wok and few tbsps of oil ( if needed) and add sliced onion. Saute till transparent. Once the onion is done, add the marinated chicken and toss well. Cover and cook until the chicken is 90 % done.( AS I USED TENDER CHICKEN, IT GETS COOKED FAST)
- Now open the lid and add the sauteed tomatoes to it and make the flame high.
- Toss the chicken well in the gravy and cook until the water gets evaporated and chicken is completely done.
- Add some chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Serve hot with chappathi, poratta, ghee rice..