Hi...am back with an interesting Indian breakfast idea. Today's recipe is Potato stuffed masala puri (Aloo puri). Puri with aloo curry (potato curry) is a very popular and finger licking Indian breakfast combo. So how about a spicy puffed puri with potato stuffing?. Its a crunchy and lovely breakfast idea or an evening snack idea with wheat flour, mashed potato, and other spices which really turns this dish heavenly delicious.
Puri (poori) is a deep fried Indian bread which is commonly served along with a curry or bhaji as in puri bhaji. Mostly it is eaten for breakfast. But can also be served as a snack or a light meal. There are lots of varieties in this Indian bread (puri). Batura, Bedvi, Luchi are some of the variants of puri.
So lets move on to the recipe. Aloo puri is a spicy and yummy puri puri recipe. It can also packed as kids tiffin snack. Chili powder is optional in this recipe, but it adds a fine texture to the puri. Hope you all will love this easy puri recipe. So lets lets see how to make aloo puri or masala puri . Do try and share your valuable feedback.
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Potato - 1 medium sized, boiled, grated, mashed
Red chilly powder - half tsp, can add less
Turmeric powder - quarter tsp
Coriander powder - quarter tsp
Cumin seed - quarter tsp
Chopped coriander - 3 tbsp or more
You can also add carom seeds, fennel seeds, hing or any other spices . Its all up to your taste .
- Boil the potato and then remove its skin. Grate it and then mash to avoid lumps.
- Take wheat flour in a bowl and add this mashed potato along with turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, chopped coriander and salt.
- Mix them well and add required water to make a smooth dough.
- Set aside for half an hour.
- Make small balls out of this dough. Flatten using greased chappathi presser (see the pic) or roll it using rolling pin on rolling board by greasing with oil. Roll them into small puri .
- Heat oil in a kadai and once hot, deep fry them.
- Serve hot .