I am in love with this bachelors special cumin flavored chicken gravy. It pairs best with pancake (dosa) or Indian bread. I dedicate this recipe for all those loving wives whose hubbies work away or abroad... Just parcel this home made spice powder mix along with them , no onion no tomato , simple and humble. The best chicken recipe for bachelors who love cooking yummy food. The fine aroma while cooking jeera chicken reminds me of my school days. This is my mom's one of the best traditional Kerala recipe. The flavor and aroma of this roasted cumin flavored chicken is simply scrumptious.
Roasted chicken is a popular and yummy dish ever. But i hate the use of onion and other ingredients other than spice powders. Hope mot of the house wives hates this process. So just try out this recipe once...am sure you will make this dish over and over again. It is quite simple. Just marinate the chicken with few tbsp of this cumin flavored spice mix along with few tsp of curd or lemon , garlic paste(optional) and salt. Cook on a medium flame until thick gravy consistency. Temper it with fried shallots and coriander leaves. Simple and humble..!!!!!. So lets see how to make Jeera chicken or Zeera chicken / cumin flavored chicken recipe.
Chicken - 500 g, cut into small pieces
Cumin spice mix powder - 3 tbsp , recipe below
Curd / yogurt / lemon juice - 2 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Shallot (chopped) - 1 tbsp, for tempering
Coriander leaves chopped
- Make a paste of cumin mix masala powder, curd, garlic paste and salt in a grinder.
- Marinate the chicken with this paste. Keep refrigerated for half an hour for best result.
- Cook the marinated chicken until done, covered. No need of adding water.
- When it reaches thick gravy consistency, off the flame.
- Heat a pan with oil and toss chopped shallots until golden and pour over the gravy. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
CUMIN SPICE MIX POWDER RECIPE
Coriander seed - 4 tbsp
Cumin seed - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Pepper corns - 2 tbsp , can add more or less
- Dry roast all the ingredients (except turmeric powder) in a medium flame until fine aroma comes.
- Powder it along with turmeric powder.
If you are preparing more or less of this masala powder, try to add the spices in this proportion.
You can also add garam masala powder (half tsp) along with this .
You can prepare this masala powder in bulk and can use instantly. I used to do so. Store in an air tight container.