Here is the recipe of the most popular South Indian breakfast. The dish Idli is one of the traditional South Indian breakfast recipe which is served along with any condiment considered as essential. So Idli is commonly accompanied with sambar and chutney. Here am sharing a carrot idli recipe which is a tasty and healthy breakfast idea for kids. Kids love attractive and simple food recipes to the core. As kids dislikes eating vegetables, it very difficult to feed them. So this is the best way to add vegetables in their diet.
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But how many of us are following a healthy breakfast menu? In this busy life, we are purposefully avoiding such things. Some times we starve until lunch time. But we must learn the reality that a healthy complete breakfast can make your day beautiful. It is the best way to warm up your body or charge your body. So here am with a breakfast recipe where all the preparation work can be done ahead of time. You can even have this indian recipe along with a nice cup of tea.
None of us want to spent our luxury time to spent in kitchen the early morning itself. But if we spare a few minutes the previous night, you can break your day with a healthy delicious breakfast. So hope you all will surely try this idli recipe. Here is the recipe showing how to make carrot idli recipe / idly / perfect idli batter /idli mix /indian breakfast recipes /healthy breakfast indian /healthy recipes .
Idli - tips for fluffy idli
Rava idli recipe
Masala dosa recipe
Rice and lentils dosa
Perfect wheat dosa
Tomato garlic chutney
For IDLI batter
Idli rice - 2 cups, flat, not heaped.
Urad dal - half a cup
Chana dal / kadala parippu / bengal gram - 4 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Cooked rice / steamed rice - half a cup
Salt as required
(For best result, you must use the above said idli rice even though you can substitute it with parboiled rice / pachari. Idli rice is available in almost all supermarkets)
Carrot - 2, grated
Oil - 3 tsp for sauteing
Making of perfect soft and fluffy idli, do check this idli batter recipe ...............IDLI RECIPE - Tips for good fermentation
- SOAKING ...Wash well and then soak idli rice in a bowl.... Urad dal, fenugreek seeds, bengal gram in another bowl with enough water for 5 hours.
- GRINDING...After 5 hours, GRIND the soaked urad dal - bengal gram - fenugreek seeds with cold water. Use required water for grinding the dal (not more but minimum water is required for grinding).When it become smooth and fluffy, add the cooked rice to it and again GRIND the cooked rice well to make smooth batter. Transfer it to a big vessel.
- Now GRIND idli rice until smooth by adding little by little water (do not add more water at a time). You can grind it in batches for making a smooth batter..
- Transfer it to the above vessel and mix both the batters together along with salt WITH YOUR HAND. It is very important for making soft idlis. . Leave it over night for fermentation. (required minimum 8 hours in summer and it differs according to the climate. Allow 10 - 12 hours for fermentation for the best result ).
- Next day the batter will rise . Click here for step wise pics for making soft idli
- SEASONING - Grate the carrot and make a fine paste of it using a grinder by adding little water. Heat a pan with some oil and saute this carrot paste along with a pinch of salt until it is cooked (this gives a fine texture). When done, add this to the prepared batter. Check for salt.