Wheat dosa / Godhuma dosa is an instant dosa recipe for breakfast, a quick alternative for Chapati. Is there any confusion regarding what to eat for breakfast on a lazy day ? Then, here it is. This is a quick healthy breakfast dosa recipe as it is prepared just by mixing wheat flour with water. We stick to wheat recipes / wheat flour than rice flour only because of its nutrients which are essential for a healthy living. So it is good for diet people, diabetic people as it contains less carbohydrates than that of rice flour dosa. Some kids hates having chapati for their breakfast or for snack box meal. Am sure, this wheat flour recipes will solve those issues and kids will love to have this dosa for school snack box or lunch box as it maintains its softness for long hours. Can make different patterns too - recipe here. These days, this dosa became regular on my breakfast table because of its easiness and softness only. Most of those lazy days i go for this quick dosa recipe instead of rolling chappati, for my dinner meal too. Here is the recipe showing how to make wheat flour dosa / best healthy breakfast ideas /breakfast ideas for kids/ breakfast options / indian breakfast recipes /diet breakfast recipes .
|MAKE FAVORITE PATTERNS FOR KIDS - recipe here|
Wheat flour / Gothambu podi - 2 cups
Salt - to taste
Water - 1 cup
- Add water to the grinder and then add the wheat flour. Mix well with a spoon and then grind them well for a minute or two. You can add little more water if required for grinding. Do not make the batter too watery. The consistency of the batter is same like that of Idli dosa batter. (You can use your hands for making the batter without any lumps instead of grinding. But once you try this recipe you can see the difference. The grinned dosa looks more perfect, soft and is quick too)
- When done, transfer to a bowl and add salt. Mix well.
- Now heat a pan. Once hot, make the flame medium low. ( If you are using a nonstick pan, no need of greasing the pan. But you should grease the cast iron pan before making the dosa).
- Pour a small ladle full of batter at the center. Make thin dosas by spreading the batter from inner to outside in a circular motion. You must do this quickly. Flip the dosa after 2 minutes and cook the other side until it turns light brown.
- This dosa will be very soft. It maintains its softness for long. So is best to pack for kids snack box. For kids - draw patterns (recipe here). Serve this with egg curry, vegetable stew or any curry recipes.