Still i don't know why mushroom is not get cooked often in our kitchen ? I love all mushroom recipes to the core. The best substitute for chicken ever. Mushroom is a versatile veggie and it tastes awesome when added to any dishes. Mostly i used to cook mushroom whenever i get bored of chicken. Though my family loves paneer , i just say a big No to all paneer recipes. So we prefer more on mushroom for a veggie meal. Mushroom biryani, mushroom pulao, mushroom popcorn, mushroom pepper fry, mushroom spicy curry like so you can make yummilicious dishes with this simple humble vegetable. Here am with a chilli mushroom dry recipe, a good side dish along with vegetable biryani. While considering the nutrition side of mushroom, this is the only vegetable which contains vitamin D. So try to include this super veggie in your diet. This recipe for mushroom do not require many ingredients and is a no fuss recipe too. This chili dry recipe is the one which i crave the most on odd days. I bet you will love this and want for more. Here is the recipe showing how to make mushroom chili dry / easy mushroom recipes /mushroom dishes / recipes for mushroom /mushroom meals /vegan recipes / vegetarian chili recipe
Here is the video showing how to make mushroom chili ....
Mushroom - 500 g, sliced
Green chilies - 5 nos, slit
Curry leaves - a handful of
Oil for deep frying
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Rice powder - 4 tsp
All purpose flour / maida - 4 tsp
Cornflour - 2 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Baking powder - half tsp
Dried red chilies - 5 nos, can add more as per your taste
Garlic - 4 nos, big
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
- Soak dried red chilies, garlic fennel seed in half a cup of hot water for half an hour. Once done, strain the water and grind it along with vinegar and tomato sauce. Make a fine paste. Set aside.
- Now, add all the ingredients given under for marination in a bowl and make a thick paste by adding water little by little. Do not make the batter too thick nor too thin. So add less water.
- Slice each mushroom into four slices each and marinate with the prepared marinade. Set aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying in non stick pan. When hot, fry green chilies slit and curry leaves. Once done, transfer it to a plate.
- To this hot oil, add the marinated mushroom one by one and fry until crispy. When done, drain it to a paper towel. Fry in batches.
- Now heat a pan with 2 teaspoon of oil (you can take from the same mushroom fried oil, do not add more oil in this final stage).
- To this, add the prepared red chili - garlic paste to it and saute until the raw smell goes off over a medium low flame. Then add salt to taste. Finally add the fried mushroom , fried chilies, fried curry leaves and stir well for few minutes until the mushroom is well coated with the chili paste.
- Serve hot...it is really yummilicious.