Try this simple stir fry recipe with prawns / shrimps to impress your taste buds. Eating the same tastes and never trying something new and different can be the one reason that leads the taste buds letting you down. The most important tip to be noted while making a Chinese dish or something which requires sauce is that, you must add all the sauces in a separate bowl before adding them individually to the gravy, then give a fine mix along with sugar and vinegar( that helps to balance the taste) and then pour to the required gravy. Just try out this tip once, and am sure you will follow the same while you making any saucy dishes. This is very essential for bringing out the true flavors of the dish, especially Chinese dish. Here am with you a finger licking Chilli prawns recipe / Chili shrimp recipe with king prawn. Do try this shrimp chili and enjoy with fried rice or steamed rice. So lets see how to make sweet and spicy shrimp recipe / easy prawn recipes /Chinese shrimp recipes.
Other shrimp recipes
For prawn marination
Prawns / shrimps - king sized, 10 nos
Cornflour - 4 tbsp
Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt - add less
Oil for frying
For the gravy
Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
Green chilies - 2 nos, slit
Red chilies - 4 nos
White onion / spring onion - 4 tbsp
Bell peppers / capsicum - green and red, few, chopped
Cornflour - 1 tsp
Capsicum chopped for garnishing
Sauce mixture for the gravy
Tomato sauce - 4 tbsp
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Red chili paste - 1 tbsp(soak 4 dried red chilies and 2 garlic cloves in hot water and then make paste. for this recipe you needed only 1 tbsp of this paste)
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
- Prepare the sauce for the gravy. For that, soak red chilies and garlic in hot water and then grind to a fine paste with less water. (you can use red chili sauce instead). Now combine all the ingredients under 'sauce mixture' and set aside.
- Clean the prawns / shrimps and drain it. Combine all the ingredients given under ' for prawn marination' except oil, with little water and make a very thick batter. Marinate the prawns / shrimps with this marinade and set aside. Always add less salt in the marinade as we are sauteing the cooked prawns in the sauce gravy later.
- Now heat oil for deep frying. Better use non stick frying pan for deep frying that helps to get a perfect crispy prawns. Once hot, add the marinated prawns one by one to the pan and fry till golden. Drain it and set aside.
- Now heat a pan with 2 tsp of oil. Add chopped garlic, green chilies slit and saute for a while. Now add green bell peppers chopped, white onion or spring onion chopped, dried red chilies and a pinch of salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- To this, add the prepared sauce mixture. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the fried prawns along with few red bell peppers chopped. Toss the prawns well in the sauce.
- Mix the cornflour with some water and stir well. Pour this into the gravy and mix it.
- Toss well until the gravy is thick. Serve hot with hot steamed rice/ pulao/ fried rice/ nan, Indian bread etc