Thinking of what to cook for today's breakfast? Do you need something that is ready in minutes? Do you want something with very few ingredients? Do you want something that never fails? Then do try out this recipe of egg curry / mutta curry recipe. A spicy egg gravy which will guarantee 100 % tasty and yummy. This recipe pairs best with Paratha, chapati, Dosa, Appam...So here is the answer for all those above questions. This spicy boiled eggs Indian recipe will definitely satisfy your hunger until lunch.
Hard boiled eggs - 6 or 7 nos
Onion - 3 nos, finely chopped
Tomato - 2 nos,big, boiled, unpeeled and pureed
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp, flat
Kashmir chili powder - 2 tsp, heaped, can add less for less hot
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Milk powder - 2 tbsp mixed in quarter a cup of water
Cumin seeds - half tsp
Coriander leaves - for garnishing, chopped
- Boil eggs with water and salt in a vessel until it is cooked well. Deshell once it goes cool. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter cumin seeds. When done, add finely chopped onion along with green chilies if required only. I just do not add as it is spicy enough. Cook onion until translucent.
- To this add the spice powders (chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder) along with garlic paste. Cook over a medium flame stirring occasionally until the raw smell of garlic gives off.
- Add tomato puree along with some salt and mash it well with the help of the back of ladle. Cook until the oil floats on the top. It must reach a thick gravy consistency.
- Now add milk powder (combined well with quarter cup of water )to it or can add fresh cream instead. Stir well the gravy.
- Finally add the deshelled eggs to this spicy gravy and cook over a low flame for 3 minutes. Combine occasionally.
- Check for salt and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve along with dosa, appam, chapati, paratha, puri etc.