These macaroni cups are baked in a muffin tin for a quick and easy snack for kids. Like most of the snacks recipes, this macaroni cups recipe is also adaptable. You can add beef, mutton or veg instead of chicken. You can also use shredded cheese to top it with which makes this appetizer more yummy. As my kids crave for pasta recipes, macaroni has always been a staple food in our family.
Snacks....i love to try more varieties in snacks recipes than breakfast, lunch and dinner meal. These spicy macaroni cup recipe is both kids and adults friendly. I made every preparation work ahead of time and baked the next day to serve for evening snack. Do try this crowd pleaser and hope you all enjoy this classic pasta dish. This tastes really really fantastic along with a cheesy flavor. So those who loves mac and cheese recipes, do sprinkle some cheese over these cups while baking .
Macaroni - 1 cup, cooked
Egg - 3 nos, small
Corn flour - 2 tsp, levelled
Milk - 2 tbsp
Milk - 2 tbsp
Bell pepper - 2 tsp, chopped
Pepper powder - half tsp
Pizza sauce - 2 tsp
Butter for greasing the cup cake mold
For chicken fillings
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste - half tsp
Chicken masala powder - half tsp / half piece of chicken cube
Shredded chicken - half a cup
Carrot grated - quarter a cup
Pepper powder - quarter tsp
Chopped coriander leaves if required
- First make the filling. Heat a pan with 2 tsp of oil. Saute onion until soft and then add ginger garlic paste. Saute until raw smell disappears. To this add shredded chicken along with grated carrot(cook chicken pieces along with turmeric powder, salt and then shred the chicken once done). Saute very well. Add chicken masala powder and pepper powder. Check for salt. When done, transfer it to a bowl.
- Cook macaroni (i used small variety) with enough water along with salt and oil. Cook for 8 minutes or as per the direction on the package. When done, drain it to a colander and combine it well with some oil to avoid stickiness (optional). Set aside.
- Now add eggs in a blender. Blend well. Pour it to a bowl. Mix together cornflour with two tbsp of milk and mix well with the egg mixture.
- Then add, chicken filling and cooked macaroni . Combine very well. Finally add pizza sauce, pepper powder and check for salt.
- Grease the cupcake mould with butter. Spoon the mac into lightly greased muffin tin. Bake at 180 degree C for 10 minutes or until done. Avoid browning of these mac cups.
- Once done, let it set aside after removing the tray from oven. (it is very important to hold the shape of the cups). As am in a hurry, i just separate immediately to take photos of the same.
- After 10 minutes, take the cups out with a sharp knife.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any dipping sauce.