Here is the recipe keema mattar stir fry - A perfect quick meal for dinner which is quick and easy. I love the combination of meat and green peas in some dishes. This kheema matar recipe is yet another combo of the same. Keema / Qeema / Kheema is a traditional meat dish which is one of the most popular dish from North India. Keema, the minced meat can be made from any meat like chicken, goat or beef. It is cooked and then stewed or fried to suit our taste. This keema curry pairs best with rice or as a side dish for nan, chapati or or can even make kababs, samosa fillings, cutlet fillings and like so. Most of the north indian recipes are very popular around the world. Gheymah, an Armenian dish and kiyma, a Turkish dish which also means minced meat. You can follow the same recipe for chicken keema, beef keema also. Hope you all try this mutton keema curry / stir fried keema recipe. Here is the recipe showing how to make mutton keema recipe / keema mattar / easy meat recipes /meat dishes / easy ground meat recipes.
Minced meat - 500 g( beef, chicken, goat), i used goat keema
Onion - 2 nos, small, siced
Tomato - 2 nos, make a paste
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Green chilies - 1 , slit
Green peas - half a cup , fresh, soaked in water
Chili powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - half tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
Pepper powder - half tsp
Shallots - 3 nos, chopped, for seasoning
- Soak the fresh green peas in water for 4 hours and then drain it. Set aside. If you are using frozen green peas, no need of soaking.
- Heat oil (2 tbsp) in a pressure cooker and saute onion until light golden.
- To this, add ginger garlic paste and green chili. Saute until raw smell disappears.
- Then add the tomato paste (grind tomatoes in a grinder to a fine paste). Cook for few minutes until they turn soft.
- To this, add the spice powders (chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and coriander powder). Mix well.
- Now add the minced meat (kheema) along with green peas and required salt and combine very well.( If you are using frozen peas, then add it only after the minced meat is done).
- Add half a cup of hot water and pressure cook it for a whistle.
- Once the pressure releases, Open the lid. (If you are using frozen green peas, add it now and again cook for another 5 minutes).
- Combine very well.
- Heat a non stick frying pan with a teaspoon of oil and fry the chopped shallots followed by curry leaves and add the cooked meat. Stir fry it well until you reach the required consistency. Check for salt.
- Once done, transfer it to a plate and garnish with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
- Serve hot along with chapati, butter nan , rice etc.