How about a slice of banana bread along with a nice cup of tea? That too, without an egg..... Most of the cake depends on egg for a fluffy moist texture. But this eggless cake recipe will surely prove that you can replicate the same fluffy texture for cakes without using eggs. Depending upon the recipe, eggs are replaced with mashed bananas, yogurt, applesauce and like so. Egg less cakes are not at all complicated but must follow some tips and tricks. Baking over ripe bananas is quite interesting and useful, right? I always struck with the last few pieces of bananas in my kitchen pantry. This is my first attempt of baking a cake with over ripe bananas. Thanks to my friend Amrita for this wonderful recipe (a food blogger @ motionsandemotions). Usually i make use of such overripe bananas by making banana pancakes, banana fritters or more often aval milkshake (rice flakes milkshake). Do try this loaf cake recipe with sweet ripe bananas along with dried cranberries. An easy simple recipe to use up overripe bananas. This pieces of eggless cake will surely makes everything right. Hope you all give this banana bread cake a try and enjoy the pleasure of baking.
INGREDIENTS (1 cup = 210 ml)
All purpose flour / maida - 2 cups, leveled
Baking powder - 1.5 teaspoon
Banana - 2 nos, Chiquita, ripe
Sugar - half a cup
Cinnamon stick - 3 small pieces
Vegetable oil - half a cup
Yogurt / curd - quarter cup, less sour
Milk - 2 tbsp
Cranberries - few (optional only)
Butter for greasing the loaf pan
- Set aside all the ingredients ready.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter and set aside ready.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Set them aside.
- Powder the sugar and cinnamon stick using a blender and set aside.
- Lets start making the batter. Peel the ripe banana, add it to the blender and make a fine puree. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Now whisk well the pureed banana and powdered sugar .
- Then add oil and whisk again.
- Now add less sour curd and again whisk well.
- Now add the sifted flour little by little and gently fold well.
- To this, add milk and fold well.(can add more if the batter is more thick in consistency).
- If you are adding cranberries, add at this stage. Before adding it to the batter, coat the dried cranberries with flour and tap out the excess using a colander or strainer. Add it and combine gently. (this step is completely optional)
- Now pour the batter to the greased loaf pan.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 160 degree C for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely and then slice.