Hi foodies .Today am going to share the best recipe for egg biryani. Hyderabadi biryani is a form of biryani which is considered to be the most flavorful among Indian biryani. So lets make some hyderabadi egg biryani today. This is one of the easy egg recipe and tastes delicious. Having some delectable biryani after a long restless hours is something(feel)which cant be expressed in words. Yes, the word biryani itself makes me a mood of celebration. I love making biryani when ever am stressed out. It really turns me around. I have made yet another recipe for egg along with this and hoping that i can share soon ...Ok..lets move on to the recipe...Hyderabadi egg biryani is a popular biryani of India which is named after the city Hyderabad. The aroma and flavor of this dish makes a drooling feel. The hard boiled eggs are marinated and tossed in a pan before blending with the rice and gravy. This is the famous and popular one pot meal with hard boiled eggs. Biryani is my favorite weekend special and I have posted some yummy biryani recipes already. Making of biryani is quite simple than ghee rice with gravy. That is the one reason i loves to cook one pot meal. So do try this egg biryani recipe for this week end and enjoy..
Some of my other biryani recipes .
Hard boiled eggs - 4 nos
Red chili powder - 1 tsp or more
Pepper powder - half tsp
Butter / oil - 1 tsp
FOR RICE MASALA
Basmati rice - 3 cups
Onion - 2 nos, thinly sliced
Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves - 2 piece each
Ginger, garlic, fennel seed paste - 1 tbsp
Tomato - 1, small, chopped
Green chilly - 2 nos, slit
Turmeric powder - half tsp
Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves chopped
Oil / ghee
Saffron - 5 strands, soaked in few tbsp of warm milk
Roasted nuts and raisins as required
- Wash and soak the rice in water for half an hour. This makes the rice soft. When done, drain it.
- Marinate the hard boiled eggs with a paste of red chili powder, pepper powder and salt. Heat a pan with butter and toss the marinated egg until golden. Set aside.
- Heat a vessel with oil or ghee. Fry the thinly sliced onion until golden and crispy. Transfer it to a plate.
- To the same oil in the vessel, add the raw spices(cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves) and saute for a minute. And then add tomato. Saute until mushy. Now add ginger garlic paste, green chilies and saute until the raw smell vanishes. To this add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. After a minute, add yogurt, coriander leaves chopped and give a fine stir. Check for salt. When done, add the drained rice and fried onion. Mix to coat well in the masala.
- Now pour 4.5 cups of hot water to it (quantity of water is taken on the basis of rice taken,,,ie.. 1 cup of rice = 1.5 cups of hot water) .
- Close the lid and make the flame very low. Cook until all the water dried out.
- When done, drizzle saffron with milk mixture on the top and let it cool for 5 minutes uncovered. Gently mix the rice and top it with toasted egg, chopped coriander leaves and some roasted nuts , raisins. Drizzle 2 tsp of ghee on the top and let it cook for another 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Serve hot with raita and pickle.